Currently sitting at 31-16 and 17-4 in the Big South Conference, Longwood softball will finish their season with nine straight road games on the docket with two three-game sets at Presbyterian College and Virginia Tech. The team will then end the season at former Big South rival Liberty Univ…
Sophomore second baseman Leah Powell had a less than ideal freshman season, batting only .189. Despite the average, Powell showed glimpses of production at the plate, finishing the year with a .308 on-base percentage.
While the Longwood softball program has seen success in previous seasons, they are looking to improve and accomplish feats they haven’t this year.
A year removed from their third straight Big South championship and fourth in five seasons, the Longwood softball team was picked to win a fourth consecutive title by Big South coaches in 2018, marking the third consecutive season the Lancers come into a season as favorites.
Originally created in 1943, women’s baseball in America sought to fill a hole in sports as a result of men serving in the military during World War II. Upon their return from war, women’s baseball lost its popularity.
Most Popular Reads
- Longwood changes parking master plan
- In SGA: Elwood’s Cabinet resolution, Willett Pool discussion
- The Reel Life: "The Goldfinch"
- Gun violence in America: Enough is enough
- Jay- Z vs.The People
- Men’s soccer holds high potential in new campaign
- The Reel Life: "IT: Chapter Two"
- Face it, the Electoral College is becoming obsolete
- SiR reminisces about his hometown in "Chasing Summer"
- Game-by-game approach key to success for field hockey
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.