While the Longwood softball program has seen success in previous seasons, they are looking to improve and accomplish feats they haven’t this year.
A year removed from their third straight Big South championship and fourth in five seasons, the Longwood softball team was picked to win a fourth consecutive title by Big South coaches in 2018, marking the third consecutive season the Lancers come into a season as favorites.
Originally created in 1943, women’s baseball in America sought to fill a hole in sports as a result of men serving in the military during World War II. Upon their return from war, women’s baseball lost its popularity.
After a rough year with only four wins, Longwood’s women's basketball will look to improve with its 2017 incoming recruiting class, which features a three-star prospect.
Is there any better feeling than winning a championship with your team? Hold your breath as you count down the seconds until the buzzer sounds. Storm the field with your team, all cheering, and then start a dogpile.
Most Popular Reads
- Farmville Pride finds their stride
- Longwood administration responds to town hall and protest
- Lancers receive postseason bid for first time in program history
- In SGA: Continued discussion on Fraternity and Sorority Life proposal
- Dominating performance powers Longwood to first-ever postseason victory
- In SGA: Deferred recruitment discussion continued
- Longwood continues work on Frazer, new admissions and academic buildings
- SFC Report: March 14
- America isn't ready to face its past