Following what was an abrupt end to last years’ campaign – an unexpected defeat in the first round of the Big South tournament at the hands of USC Upstate – Longwood women’s soccer has brought significant depth and firepower to a team already considered a Big South conference contender over …
By any measure, last season was nothing short of historic for the Longwood women’s soccer team. Their loss in the Big South championship game to the High Point Panthers wasn’t how they expected to conclude their season by any means, but their monumental performance over the course of the yea…
Longwood women’s soccer carried a ten-game unbeaten streak into their first Big South championship in program history, only to face the same team who last defeated them back on Sept. 23, earlier this season.
Last year, the Lancers reached the tournament with a late goal from Dan Campos in their final regular season thriller against Liberty University, launching them into a postseason run that took them to the conference championship for the first time in their Big South history.
In a rematch of last year’s championship game, Big South rivals Radford (9-4-2) and Longwood (1-13-1) left it all on the field at the home of the Highlanders, ending in a dramatic 1-1 tie on Wednesday evening.
Most Popular Reads
- Longwood changes parking master plan
- In SGA: Elwood’s Cabinet resolution, Willett Pool discussion
- The Reel Life: "The Goldfinch"
- Gun violence in America: Enough is enough
- Jay- Z vs.The People
- Men’s soccer holds high potential in new campaign
- The Reel Life: "IT: Chapter Two"
- Face it, the Electoral College is becoming obsolete
- SiR reminisces about his hometown in "Chasing Summer"
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.