By any measure, last season was nothing short of historic for the Longwood women’s soccer team. Their loss in the Big South championship game to the High Point Panthers wasn’t how they expected to conclude their season by any means, but their monumental performance over the course of the yea…
Longwood women’s soccer carried a ten-game unbeaten streak into their first Big South championship in program history, only to face the same team who last defeated them back on Sept. 23, earlier this season.
Last year, the Lancers reached the tournament with a late goal from Dan Campos in their final regular season thriller against Liberty University, launching them into a postseason run that took them to the conference championship for the first time in their Big South history.
In a rematch of last year’s championship game, Big South rivals Radford (9-4-2) and Longwood (1-13-1) left it all on the field at the home of the Highlanders, ending in a dramatic 1-1 tie on Wednesday evening.
Hosting their first Big South tournament game since 2013, the Longwood women’s soccer team prevailed over Charleston Southern on Friday night, 3-0, securing their spot in the Big South semifinals for the second straight year.
Most Popular Reads
- Farmville Pride finds their stride
- Longwood administration responds to town hall and protest
- Lancers receive postseason bid for first time in program history
- In SGA: Continued discussion on Fraternity and Sorority Life proposal
- In SGA: Deferred recruitment discussion continued
- Dominating performance powers Longwood to first-ever postseason victory
- Longwood continues work on Frazer, new admissions and academic buildings
- SFC Report: March 14
- America isn't ready to face its past
- Mental health of children of color should be taken more seriously
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.