The 2019 season has been one full of ups and downs for Longwood women’s soccer. From the highs of shutting out multiple conference rivals, to the lows of getting blown out at home by in-state rival VCU in the first game of the season, and having two games cancelled due to rain.
As the conference slate began for Longwood men’s soccer, it would be easy to say confidence was high in the program. The club had played two ranked clubs in a row in the form of Navy and James Madison University, and played well in those games despite both being one goal losses.
Growing up on the pitches of London, former Longwood men's soccer star Josh Hanratty knew the game of soccer was made for him. Before coming to America, he played the game against fully grown men while he was only in his late teens, rooting for North London's Tottenham Hotspur of the Premier…
Thus far, it has been a season of cheerful victories and crushing defeats for Longwood men’s soccer. The club rushed out to a quick 3-1 start, with victories over Howard, VMI and Robert Morris, all by a combined score of 11-1. However, the team has dropped three in a row, two to ranked oppon…
Following a slow start to the season for the preseason number three ranked team in the Big South Conference, Longwood women’s soccer took a step in the right direction Sep. 25, dismantling Hampton 4-0 on awkward field conditions and played to a scoreless draw against Charleston Southern on S…
Most Popular Reads
- Transgender folks aren’t scary
- ARC Residence Hall closed due to maintenance, lower enrollment
- 'They're sleeping on Longwood'
- In SGA: Disability resources, IFC deferred recruitment
- A building block into a higher education
- Alpha Sigma Tau Swings Through Halloween
- SFC Report: Longwood Gaming Club requests funds
- Spirits high for women's basketball as season opener nears
- The Reel Life: "Harriet"
- Why naming the white supremacist group matters