For the first time in eight years, Longwood University Swim Club made an appearance on the national stage after sophomore Jacob Auerbach and freshman Sam Farmer competed in the Club Swim Nationals at Ohio State University from March 30 to March 31.
Starting the 2018 season off on a rocky start, Longwood University Club Baseball (LUCB) ended their conference slate with a 10-5 record, taking them to the regional championship for the third year in a row in Peachtree City, Georgia from April 27-29.
In the world of sports, winning is always the goal, but was not at the forefront on Saturday, April 14 for the Longwood Rugby Football Club. Hosting the Todd Miller Memorial Tournament for the first time in five years, both men's and women’s teams aimed to celebrate the legacy of a fallen teammate.
All it takes is a group of dedicated college athletes, money and a call for students to “#RushVB” to live out a dream of competing in a national tournament.
Most Popular Reads
- Transgender folks aren’t scary
- ARC Residence Hall closed due to maintenance, lower enrollment
- 'They're sleeping on Longwood'
- In SGA: Disability resources, IFC deferred recruitment
- A building block into a higher education
- Alpha Sigma Tau Swings Through Halloween
- SFC Report: Longwood Gaming Club requests funds
- Spirits high for women's basketball as season opener nears
- The Reel Life: "Harriet"
- Why naming the white supremacist group matters