Most Popular Reads
- Transgender folks aren’t scary
- ARC Residence Hall closed due to maintenance, lower enrollment
- 'They're sleeping on Longwood'
- In SGA: Disability resources, IFC deferred recruitment
- A building block into a higher education
- Alpha Sigma Tau Swings Through Halloween
- MBB: Early jitters, newcomer debuts highlight opening week
- SFC Report: Longwood Gaming Club requests funds
- Spirits high for women's basketball as season opener nears
- The Reel Life: "Harriet"
For every rom-com, there are buckets of expectations and clichés that come along with them. Boy meets girl, the opposites attracting, the man with the secret, the possibilities go on and on. This Christmas themed rom-com from director Paul Fieg (“A Simple Favor,” “Bridesmaids”) and a screenp…
There’s a lot to unpack here. Not just the immense pressure in creating a sequel to “The Shining,” but the novel “Doctor Sleep” itself is quite long and covers a large swath of Danny Torrence’s life. It’s a testament, then, to the pure skill of everyone involved that “Doctor Sleep” is anythi…
For an American hero as iconic as Harriet Tubman, it’s surprising that only now has a film been made attempting to capture her life and actions. With Kasi Lemmons (“Talk to Me,” “Black Nativity”) in the director’s chair and a script from herself and Gregory Allen Howard (“Remember the Titans…
This is an interesting position for a film to be in. While “The Terminator” and “T2: Judgement Day” are some of the finest action films ever made, the subsequent sequels “Rise of the Machines,” “Salvation” and “Terminator: Genisys” were…lackluster films to put it lightly. So, a brand-new fil…